Aid-Hodgson Mill, operating daily to produce thousands of pounds of meal and flour through the year, has come to be a symbol of the pioneer water mill in Missouri.
One of the most productive of Missouri's still operating water mills.
Through the years, the mill was operated by several owners until 1934, when the late Charles T. Aid of West Plains purchased the property. Now owned by the Aid estate, it has had the double name since the time of purchase in 1934.
The output of the mill, capable of producing 3,000 pounds of flour or 2,500 pounds of meal daily, is sold to wholesale and retail grocers throughout the Ozarks and well into north Missouri. Now a huge millwheel turns in the pond as a tie-in with the past, but power to turn the millstones comes from two turbines. They are driven by the spring.
Location: From Dawt, return to PP Hwy. and turn left on PP to H Hwy. Turn left on H and go north to Hwy. 181. Turn left again on Hwy. 181 to Hodgson Mill.